Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Everything on a Budget: Living for a Bargain

I'm a sucker for a good bargain. I want every penny to count. Real bad. I'm the type of person that's hogging the line at the check-out counter trying to cash in free coupons. Yes, people may stare all they want, but I'm getting my free can of chunky tomatoes or discounted bran flakes.

I'm a tight-fisted, budget-savvy monster who never gives into my kid's sudden wants, even when they get into a raging tantrum while out shopping at the mall. Mommy never caves in, the card stays shut- minted and never swiped. Unless, it is an absolute emergency and utmost necessity. Hmm... That's just me being me.

My hubby is my exact opposite. I wouldn't call him a big spender or impractical to the point of impulsive. But compared to me, he can't simply stay on budget, I think he's quite easily suade when it comes to these big ticket items like the latest gadgets.

He's a bit of a geek, so I understand why he's soo unto these touchscreen thingamagigs. So whenever he asks me if he could break the bank and go get one of these gizmos, the unthinkable happens- I can't say no to him. Though he gets a feeble 'Yes' from me, he's quick to race out that door, leaving me no room to change my mind. What can I say? His personal happiness costs money

And lately, and oh boy do I mean lately! I have seen his credit card bills and where he's been at online. I do understand how the web can be so addictive at times particularly if you're in the hunt for something or if a good deal is at stake. I've been telling my honey, if he's gotta shop- never at online retail stores, go for the auction sites and always as a cardinal rule, read reviews about the product you intend to buy. Call it a compromise of sorts, at least I'm trying to tame the gadget lust by letting him wander into online bargain bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment